S.T.A.R.S. Search -- S.H.I.N.E.S. Scholarship
Smiles Truly Add Richness to Society -- Smiles Help Improve-N-Enhance Society
Rules & Regulations
Dr. Do-deLatour created the S.T.A.R.S. program and S.H.I.N.E.S. scholarship as a way to encourage her patients to make a positive difference in society.
The S.T.A.R.S. program is used to select one lucky individual for up to $5,000 towards orthodontic treatment at Celebrity Orthodontics.*
The S.H.I.N.E.S. scholarship is a $5,000 scholarship to be awarded to an individual for use towards his/her college tuition. The patient who is applying for the S.H.I.N.E.S. scholarship must have a GPA of 3.2 or above.*
In order to qualify for S.T.A.R.S program or the S.H.I.N.E.S. scholarship, the patient must be an "active patient of record"* at Celebrity Orthodontics as of January 01, 2015.
After committing to treatment, the patient must to take the following steps:
1) Post on Celebrity Orthodontics' facebook a one-page essay detailing the reasons why it was important for the patient to get orthodontic treatment to improve his/her smile and how he/she will in turn make a positive difference in the community.
2) Have family members and friends go onto Celebrity Orthodontic's facebook and "like" the posted essay.
3) The more "likes" the patient's essay gets, the more his/her name will be entered into the end-of-the-year drawing.
At the end of the year, one lucky individual will be selected by a random drawing to receive the S.T.A.R.S. reward, and another individual will receive the S.H.I.N.E.S. scholarship*.
* The term "active patient of record" applies to all patients who started treatment at Celebrity Orthodontics since January 01, 2015, and are still currently undergoing active treatment at Celebrity Orthodontics.
* The S.H.I.N.E.S. scholar must show proof of a current overall 3.2 GPA or higher at the time of the drawing.
* The same person cannot win both the S.T.A.R.S. reward and S.H.I.N.E.S. scholarship.
* S.T.A.R.S. reward program excludes the patient's insurance payments and is only valid at Celebrity Orthodontics. In other words, the patient will only be refunded his/her out-of-pocket expense for orthodontic treatment at Celebrity Orthodontics, not what the insurance paid towards his/her orthodontic treatment.